Billboard and Outdoor Advertising Tips Camp Lejeune NC
Billboard and Outdoor Advertising Tips
Billboard and outdoor advertising tips. How to get attention and create response in only a few wordsAuthor: Mark Etinger
Billboard and outdoor advertising tips. How to get attention and create response in only a few words
When reaching consumers outside their home or office, you need to create a unique experience that captures attention and resonates with passers-by.
There aren’t really too many ways to go wrong with billboard advertising. But there are a few important guidelines that if taken into consideration, they can elevate your out doors campaign and help it stick out among the rest.
• Know your target audience. First rule of all marketing is to know your clients. Don’t advertise how great you are. Try and think what the consumer wants from you.
• Know what you want to say. Billboard advertising is pretty limited, wordwise. Your message should be short and it better be provocative. Provocative doesn’t necessarily mean naked people. No. It can be thought provocative, or have a provocative design. But it should catch the consumer’s eye and leave a deep impact even after a short glance.
• Know how to say it. People are walking by your poster, or even driving by. They don’t have time to think about your message. You have to get their attention, so try to keep it clean and clear and also use lively colors. No one will read a brown text on a black background. Use white over black or vise verse. (Black over yellow is always a winner).
• Consider your location. A billboard advertising a Caribbean Cruise wouldn’t be effective in a low income neighborhood. But a sign advertising a new fashion store will work wonders in a shopping district. Any sign can have a great impact, but the location should help establishing the tone. And about that cruise in low income areas – a slogan like “you can afford it!” might help. On the other hand, if it’s in a subway station, you might want to go with “Next time, take the Bahamas cruise instead of the A train.”
• Less is More. Yes, it’s a cliché, but there’s a good reason why it’s a cliché. Don’t go and sell your entire line of products or services in the poster. Choose one. Or don’t choose anything and concentrate on the brand. It will be difficult. It will hurt. But you have to keep it as simple as possible.
• Be unique. Be creative. Be humorous. People love advertisements. Especially when they’re good. They can be fun, entertaining and you should also have a good time when working on a billboard sign.
Above all, the best thing to do is to combine different formats in different locations. Successful campaigns are versatile enough to exist within any given setting, but steadfast enough to be directed and clear. By incorporating your products and services into the consumers’ daily activities in a multitude of ways, you’re effectively penetrating new and untouched markets.
If you need some more information or guidance regarding your company’s marketing, advertising and commercial printing , or you’re looking for an agency that will provide you a state-of-the-art manufacturing technology, unrevealed data expertise and innovative direct marketing solutions that maximize ROI, you should defiantly visit Wilen Group online at www.wilengroup.com and get your marketing going.
Wilen Group specializes in Commercial Printing, Target Marketing, Customer Communication and Business Relationships
Mark Etinger is a business strategist at Ajax Union Marketing Ajax Union specializes in Business Development and Internet Marketing
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/advertising-articles/billboard-and-outdoor-advertising-tips-how-to-get-attention-and-create-response-in-only-a-few-words-1061123.html