Fitness Tips Concord NC
Tips for Keeping Fitness
Fitness expert and author Bill Phillips knows how to build up your resolve and your body during all of the temptations and distractions of the holiday season. Follow his fitness advice to enjoy some treats while still being able to look in the mirror and smile.
1. Make the decision to be healthy. No one is responsible for your health but you. Acknowledge your power in determining your well-being.
2. Plan to make your health a priority. Before your day begins, decide what you will eat and when you will work out. Reducing meals "on the fly" helps you make better choices.
3. Get specific. Only specific, measurable goals with a timeline and deadline will keep you on track. Don't use "get in shape" as your goal. Define what "get in shape" means to you. How many pounds do you want to lose? How much time will it take? What do you want your cholesterol levels to be? Specific goals motivate and empower (especially when you see progress).
4. Eat six small nutrient-rich, calorie-sparse meals a day. Drink 80 ounces of water a day. Make one day a week a "free day" when you can eat what you want. When you enjoy your favorite foods once a week, your long-term goals are more reasonable.
5. Commit to your workout schedule just like you would a meeting with your boss or an appointment with your doctor. Treat it like there are negative consequences if you skip-because there are!
Click here to visit SuccessMagazine.com
Community: Fitness Tips
Some of the best fitness tips to bring you considerable benefitsAuthor: Chris Strogilis
You can follow the hereunder mentioned fitness tips and secrets to:
∗ maximize the benefits from your physical exercise and supportive nutrition
∗ avoid any possible dangers/traps which might signal painful recoils and regressions.
TIP no 1
Try to find the golden mean between overtraining and concrete, tangible fitness gains and benefits.
Calculate attentively the intensity, frequency and duration of your workouts.
You need quick and visible results but a burnout might prove disastrous.
TIP no 2
No workout program and no diet will bring long-term results if you don’t make a serious commitment.
Feed your self motivation and self discipline.
Look into the mirror: if your eyes spark then you can go on.
TIP no 3
Before you embark on your long and difficult trip to physical perfection, please read about the 12 myths of fitness and their debunkment. You can start here:
FITNESS: MYTHS AND FACTS
TIP no 4
Do not miss to integrate into your workout routines the warm up ritual.
Prepare your body for the hard exercise that is going to follow and considerably reduce the possibilities for a painful injury.
Warming up relates both quantitavely and qualitavely to the kind, duration and intensity of the main workout.
It’s very true that lots of people omit this workout phase because it is considered as boring and it lacks the glamour of tough exercise. Huge mistake!
About stretching: After the general warm-up you can do some active or passive static stretching.
Try to avoid any type of dynamic or ballistic stretching. These are games for bigger boys!
TIP no 5
Also: don’t overlook the cooling down procedure! After the intensity of the main workout we need an adjustement period. Body temperature has to decrease and waste products to be removed from the muscles.
After 5 minutes of relaxed jogging you can devote 5-10 minutes to active or passive static stretching exercises.
Cooling down is critical for a quicker recovery and should be adjusted to the main workout.
TIP no 6
Every fitness program should by all means comprise in its exercise part:
a) aerobic activities: to improve the cardiovascular system.
b) strength or resistance training: to maintain/increase muscle mass, improve strength and protect bones.
c) stretching: to increase range of motion of the joints and muscles’ flexibility. Also to prevent from injuries and relieve from pain.
TIP no 7
Share your objectives and visions with some positive-minded people of your close environment.
They will support you morally. Additionally, sharing of your goals makes commitment easier and giving up is not an option any more.
End of 1st part
About the Author:
Civil engineer with postgraduate studies in MBA and Marketing. firstname.lastname@example.org http://maconwaterproofing.blogspot.com/ http://totalfitness-christos.blogspot.com
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/fitness-articles/some-of-the-best-fitness-tips-to-bring-you-considerable-benefits-1029921.html