Mercury Tracer Overheated Asheville NC

My 1993 Mercury Tracer overheated. After allowing it to cool down, I started the car and went home. The following morning my car wouldn't start. However, after trying to start it I could hear a bubbling noise under the hood. When I checked this, I found the noise coming from the radiator reservoir.

Asheville Ford Lincoln Mercury
(828) 253-2731
325 Biltmore Ave.
Asheville, NC
 
Advantage Ford Lincoln Mercury
(252) 492-5011
1675 Dabney Drive
Henderson, NC
 
Earl Tindol Ford Lincoln Mercury
(704) 867-8341
1901 East Franklin Boulevard
Gastonia, NC
 
Classic Ford Lincoln Mercury
(919) 934-6500
1698 Booker Dairy Road
Smithfield, NC
 
R D Sawyer Motor Co Inc
(252) 473-2141
P.o Box 639
Manteo, NC
 
Hunter Lincoln - Mercury
(828) 697-2222
1340 Spartanburg Hwy
Hendersonville, NC
 
Hunter Lincoln - Mercury
(828) 697-2222
1340 Spartanburg Hwy
Hendersonville, NC
 
Lee Motor Company
(252) 291-6000
4815 Ward Boulevard
Wilson, NC
 
Burlington Lincoln - Mercury Sales Inc
(336) 584-1701
660 Huffman Mill Rd
Burlington, NC
 
Liberty Lincoln - Mercury Inc
(336) 725-0411
1500 Peters Creek Pkwy
Winston salem, NC
 

Mercury Tracer Overheated

Provided by:

Reader Questions Hello Austin,

Let me say first, I really enjoy your website and have learned valuable information from it in the past. Thank you. Now, I need some help.

My 1993 Mercury Tracer overheated. After allowing it to cool down, I started the car and went home. The following morning my car wouldn't start. However, after trying to start it I could hear a bubbling noise under the hood. When I checked this, I found the noise coming from the radiator reservoir.

I called and explained this to my mechanic, who tells me the head gasket is blown. So, I accessed your site and found where 'Melissa with the 1988 Ford Bronco II' wrote to you. You suggested that she start her vehicle and let it run and to look for coolant shooting from the radiator neck.

I have tried this, but my car will not run, however coolant does shoot from the radiator neck when I try to start it. Does this mean the head gasket is blown???

Please help. I am 43 and female and have always done my own work, (simple things), and want to know if this could really be the problem or if it is something less involved.

Thank you so much in advance,

Ramona

Hi there,

You are a 43 year old female who does her own repairs…..wowow…..I’m impressed.

You said this

“My 1993 Mercury Tracer overheated. After allowing it to cool down, I started the car and went home”

So it overheated, but you let it cool down, THEN it started and you drove home. So if it started THEN, and DID NOT overheat on your way home, why does it not start now?

When you say does not start, do you mean the engine turns over, but it sill not ignite and start…..right?

To read the full article, visit Myhonestmechanic.com